The Development Officer works collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer to provide strategic and operational support in donor cultivation, community engagement, grant writing, marketing, special events, and database management. The successful candidate is an innovative problem solver and able to expand revenue generation and fundraising for ACBVI. All employees are expected to do everything within our power to ensure that clients leave our facility feeling a little better than when they arrived.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Officer:
- Supports all aspects of individual, corporate, and foundation asks and giving strategies and is a forward-thinking fundraiser
- Manages the cultivation, solicitation, recognition, and stewardship of current donors and prospects to exceed fundraising goals
- Identifies new prospects through research and pipeline sources
- Coordinates donor recognition and stewardship
- Maintains frequent personal contact (in person, email, phone, etc.) with a variety of constituents including donors and prospect
- Use donor database to accurately track prospect plans and activity and assists with processing donations, tax-receipts, acknowledgement letters, and reports
- Manages fundraising events including ACBVI Adventures and annual fundraising event
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years non-profit fundraising experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with those living with visual impairments, blindness, combined vision & hearing loss, and the DeafBlind a plus
- Ability to build positive relationships with donors, clients, volunteers, and other staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for developing and marketing ACBVI and its programs
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (experience with databases, and other electronic tracking systems a plus)
- Highly ethical, particularly in working with confidential or sensitive information.
- Flexible schedule outside of typical working hours, with the ability, and willingness to work occasional nights or weekends as necessary
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Michelle Hargreaves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Boost your career to new heights
In an extraordinary environment that inspires you to new ways of thinking.
In a landscape full of dynamic learning opportunities.
In a community that provides endless opportunities for you to make impact.
Join ACBVI Today!
Our goal is simple: to create an environment where individuals can thrive!